The Role: Functional Consultant – Workday Financials
Responsible for working directly with Clients to understand their business requirements and configure these in Workday Financials.
Provide general consulting and guidance on Workday Financials to Clients throughout deployment and specialize in or one or more specific functional areas.
Work collaboratively with Clients, the project team and internal delivery to ensure the successful deployment of the solution within a commercially viable framework.
Actively contribute to building and improving Workday Financials knowledge in Kainos and the Workday community.
- As part of a project team, deliver Workday Financials solutions to Clients.
- Use technical and professional expertise to configure Workday Financials to support Client requirements.
- Investigate and recommend financial process and/or functional solutions to meet Client requirements
- Drive of the delivery of specific Workday Financials functions, e.g., Procurement
- Support Client testing of Workday Financials including issue management and resolution internally and with Workday
- Help prepare for Workday Delivery Assurance reviews.
- Build open and trusted Client relationships and be prepared to challenge the Client appropriately.
- Take responsibility for leading an assignment team as required, mentor less experienced team members and lead by example in both business and process aspects of the job.
- Understand the business dynamics and regulatory issues for specific industry sectors/financial specialism.
- Is aware of Clients’ business and external factors that influence it.
- Define standards for specialist area based on industry best practice.
- Take a lead role in improving the overall standard of the specialism within the company e.g. whitebag sessions, project reviews etc.
- Comply with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
- Minimum of 5 years experience implementing Financial solutions with at least 3 years demonstrable success in consulting on such with Clients (or delivering as part of an internal Financials transformation project)
- 3rd level qualification (or experience equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies or related disciplines.
- Strong functional knowledge of Financial Applications in one or more of the following areas: Core Finance (GL), Procurement, AP/Payables management, AR/Customer management, Banking, Cash Management, Budgets, Asset Management, Management Accounting and Financial Statements
- Strong practical knowledge of how to apply accounting principles to functional configuration of financial software and the ability to articulate these to Clients
- Experience in quality assurance with Financial applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate adaptability to embrace new disciplines, including different deployment methods aligned to SaaS
- Broad business and technology understanding and a good awareness of industry trends particularly in SaaS
- Experience of creating and working to a project plan including managing change control.
- Sound ability to formally present to senior Client audiences.
- Good commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of Client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Ability to manage and motivate team members.
- Ability to widen and maintain a network of external contacts.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Creative, articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical, thorough.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Capable of working at an abstract level.
- Mature, non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- An effective mentor and teacher.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from base and to work flexible hours).
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.