We’re running a WebOps Academy, but this time it’s not for graduates – it’s for those of you with a background in infrastructure and want to make that change into WebOps.
We’ll provide you with the training to make the jump into WebOps at this eight-week training academy – and a job at the end of it, as a WebOps Engineer.
We interviewed Caoimhin, one of our Senior WebOps Architects, to find out all the information you need on the scheme: who should apply, why WebOps is a career of choice, and what comes next once you’ve completed the training!
Take some time to view those interviews here!
Still wanting more? Learn what WebOps is by reading Daryl Porters blog here.
Experience & Capabilities that we're looking for:
- Capable of creating appropriate solutions for complex problems which are configurable, efficient, and easily administered by other team members.
- Demonstrable awareness of business environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- Competent in three or more technologies, and has successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Good understanding of systems administration tools and best practice.
- Good understanding and application of quality practices as applied to systems administration, such as backup records, peer review, documentation, resilience, and security.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside the area of your own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
And you'll be:
- Approachable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including a willingness to work away from home base).
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.