Leads multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver complete solutions that meets user needs and quality standards by:
- Taking responsibility of the operational design for the solution across teams.
- Taking responsibility for the infrastructure needed to support development, continuous integration and live operations.
- Taking responsibility for the continuous integration and deployment pipeline(s) to deliver the software into live operation.
- Taking responsibility for configuration management policy and code quality across teams.
- Working with customer architects to agree operational and infrastructure design.
- Working with developers to ensure the infrastructure meets the needs of the application software.
- Advising customers and managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
- Coaching and mentoring technical architects and other technical staff.
- Taking responsibility for technical solutions as part of the sales process.
- Has infrastructure delivery experience across the following areas: Operating Systems, Virtualisation, Storage, Networking (including security), Cloud technologies.
- Has experience of configuration management technologies E.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Has experience of continuous integration and deployment pipelines to deliver digital services.
- Has experience of monitoring, logging and alerting platforms required for operational service.
- Has successfully delivered infrastructure designs for all the layers of multiple web-based solutions.
- Able to prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and incorporate these into the infrastructure design.
- Understands whole solution architecture concepts and can communicate and negotiate these with customer architects.
- Has coached and mentored junior and experienced technical staff.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Able to simply and clear communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Has an open attitude to sharing information.
- Has respect of their team members and is able to provide technical leadership to a team.
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities.
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has participated in technology communities.
- Has contributed to open source projects.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.