Our Queen's University Scholarship is one of the ways we help students with high potential to launch their career in IT, whilst being fully supported by us throughout their studies.
Our scholarship is open to all 1st year students in Queen's University Belfast, studying –
• MEng/ BEng/ BSc Computer Science
• MEng/ BEng Software Engineering
• BSc Computing and Information Technology
What you’ll get:
• £1000 per year at the end of every full university year completed
• Paid summer work
• One year, fully paid placement in your 3rd year in a Trainee Software Engineer position
• The opportunity for a permanent Graduate role with us upon graduating in a Graduate Trainee Software Engineer position
What you’ll do:
• During your time working and training with Kainos, you will work under the supervision of a technical mentor developing technical and team working skills.
• With support, you will develop and gain exposure to how we work, getting involved in the development and testing of low level complexity components within a project.
• You will work shadow on our project teams to learn how to develop and unit test developing and unit testing straightforward or low complexity components, and then moving on to more complex elements as you increase your knowledge.
• You will work with other developers in working through designs and user stories and to produce real development solutions
• You will be fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team to follow designs, and then progress to assist in any other aspect of the project life-cycle under supervision
• You will develop excellent technical, team-working and Agile project experience
Who you are:
• You are curious about all things tech, and having your own personal interest technology projects would be a great advantage
• We are a customer focused business, so people with strong communication skills, who are professional, credible and open is a must
• We all work in teams here in Kainos – strong team skills are crucial
• We pride ourselves in doing our best and delivering to a high standard, so attention to detail and having a high quality focus is definitely required.
• You’ll have a flexible, "can do" attitude, with the ability to manage your own time and enthusiastic to learn
The scholarship is subject to exam results and performance in class, as well as in your job-related training with Kainos
A selection process will take place after the closing date. Kainos reserves the right to enhance criteria at the short listing stage
Applicants who are subject to a Tier 4 student visa must be able to demonstrate their ability to take up a placement while in the UK.
Closing date: 29th October 2018
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.