Here in Kainos, it’s not all about software! We have excellent opportunities for students to join us on their placement as Trainee Systems Engineers.
Our Placement Systems Engineer contributes to the on-going operation of the services supporting Kainos across a range of technologies including Cloud Platforms, Identity Management, Telephony, Networking and Security, including the implementation of low to medium complexity solutions and processes devised and approved by more experienced team members. They undertake a range of routine and administrative tasks supported by colleagues and supervisors while developing skills and actively participating in knowledge sharing.
What you’ll do
· You’ll be responsible for providing high quality, customer focused IT services.
· You’ll manage customer requests and can assess, assign and solve problems with low to medium complexity through to resolution.
· You’ll contribute to the operation of services which are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure and cost-effective under the guidance of more experienced team members.
· You’ll actively raise risks with senior team members whilst applying relevant organisational standards, policies and procedures to day to day delivery of services.
Who you are
Minimum (essential) requirements:
· Experience of providing technical support and solving low to medium complexity technical problems.
· Awareness of how the internet works and basic networking skills.
· Knowledge of at least one hypervisor technologies or cloud platform.
· Knowledge of using and performing basic troubleshooting tasks on at least one Linux distribution, OSX or Microsoft Windows operating system.
· Knowledge of systems administration tools and understand best practices relating to their use.
· Experience of using at least one scripting language to automate tasks such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Batch, Visual basic or PowerShell.
· Awareness of latest technology trends and actively keep up to date with technological developments.
· Awareness of the commercial impact that technical services can have on an organisation.
· Awareness of Information Technology standards and methodologies such as; ITIL, Agile, Scrum, PMI, ISO 20000, ISO 27001 You can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to more senior colleagues, as appropriate.
What you’ll get
This placement opportunity will start in Summer 2019, and last for one year. You’ll gain invaluable hands on project experience in a fast paced environment, developing your skills and your confidence to help you kick start your career.
Who we are
What we do is mind-blowing: we use cutting-edge digital technology to change the way the world works. Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
Closing date – 29th October 2018
Apply via – www.kainos.com/grads
This role will begin in summer 2019
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.