The strategy role works closely with the CEO, Executive Team and Board to support the strategic direction for Kainos Group.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of Executive Management plans, as directed by the Executive Directors and Divisional Directors.
- Providing clarity, rigour and discipline around the Group’s strategic planning process.
- Reports directly to the CEO and works on his behalf as the principal planning and organisational development focus across Kainos Group.
- Has a pivotal role in anticipating strategic planning requirements, designing suitable objectives, assessing their impact and continually refining plans in concert with the CEO and Executive Director Team.
- Facilitates and acts as secretary for Kainos Group Executive level planning meetings, including preparation of management reports, presentations, briefing material notes and actions.
- Ensures appropriate market sector research, competitor analysis is conducted by the Business Unit and liaises with external research sources as required.
- Able to educate colleagues about how to complete strategy, planning and related work to required [highest] level, working collaboratively with them.
- Manages and coordinates the Group’s Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Drives initiatives to continually develop planning and organising tools and techniques as a core competency for all staff.
- Experienced leader with a strong general management work background.
- Proven team player with a well-rounded character and impressive interpersonal skills.
- Mature and robust personality. Practical, determined, inquisitive approach that enables complex issues to be evaluated and prioritised effectively.
- Proven ability to work with and communicate effectively at ‘C’ level to Board and Executive level audiences.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to plan and manage complex change programmes involving a variety of stakeholders across a variety of business scenarios.
- Intelligent, confident and astute, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, in particular all Microsoft Office applications and Apple Keynote or equivalent applications.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines in often demanding business circumstances.
- Proven ability to resolve complex issues.
- Affable, credible. Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues who often have a wide variety of working experiences and technical skills. Excellent presenting, teaching and negotiating skills.
- A strong team player capable of delivering tangible results in challenging circumstances.
- Mature, non-confrontational style, but equally prepared to question and challenge when necessary based on knowledge/practical experience.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Articulate, highly enthusiastic, responsible, logical and thorough.
- A positive “can do” attitude towards commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos.
- Discrete and security conscious.
- Coaching and mentoring practical planning and strategy knowledge and experience at a senior level.
- Have a background or familiarity with corporate activity, for instance, acquisition, investment, disposal or fund-raising in a private or public company.
- A career profile that demonstrates successful delivery of complex large scale projects.
- A third level planning, leadership or business management qualification.
- A good working knowledge of the Technology Sector.
- Experience of developing budgets, setting targets and initiating senior management reports.
- Experience of creating and implementing Enterprise Risk Management policy and procedures.
Our work is both challenging and rewarding. You’ll need a positive attitude and the ability to work independently, to adapt your style and practices in order to respond to changing circumstances.
You will need to be highly flexible, including willingness to travel frequently and work away from your home base. Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc.), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.