The Data Technical Architect is responsible for designing and delivering technical components forming part of a larger data solution. They work closely with Solution Architects and Customer Architects to integrate these components into quality data solutions.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our data projects means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise.
* Experience of technical ownership for a component, sub-system or product (data ingestion, data streaming), including architecture, estimation, product planning and story creation
* Experience of applying standards for design (patterns), development, (style guides) and operational readiness (automation, deployment)
* Experience of deploying polyglot persistence technologies (file system, object, document, key-value, search, RDBMS, graph)
* Experience of data IaaS and PaaS services from AWS, Microsoft or Google
* Comfortable with traditional and contemporary data warehousing concepts
* Proficient in JVM programming languages and comfortable with multiple programming paradigms (functional, OO)
* Strong client engagement skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders – able to provide technical leadership to customer and Kainos teams
* A self-starter able to work with a high degree of uncertainty.
* Experience of distributed systems, and scalable data pipelines
* Comfortable with data integration techniques such as messaging, queuing, change data capture or data virtualisation
* Worked on proposals to determine both a viable solution and viable price.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background check; whether a criminal record excludes you from a career with Kainos depends on the role and the offences.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.